Thursday, June 16, 2011

Feelings...

Excitement,  curiosity,  wonder, and maybe a little anxiety...just to name a few of the feelings I'm having right now.

As I sit here at my computer at 11:30 at night I have so many thoughts running through my head. I can say without a doubt that this adventure I'm beginning tomorrow is of God however I still can't help but wonder what I will be able to do or what difference I can make. I've never really thought I was very good at praying on my own, what if someone wants me to pray with them? How will I know what to say? Will I say the wrong thing and push them away. All of these are fears that I know come from Satan himself, which is why I'm thankful for Andrea's words about God equipping us.

Andrea is a wonderful woman in my life who made the statement last week at a Women's Retreat that "God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called."

Do I think I'm the best person to share Christ with the children or adults I encounter? Not at all; but I also know that it doesn't matter what I think because I'm not the one calling the shots. His purpose may be for me to teach others about Him or maybe it's about me and bringing me closer to Him. I don't know the answer but what I do know is he will reveal his plan to me in his timing. In the mean time, I will continue to pray the best I know how and I would ask that all my wonderful family and friends pray as well.

Can't wait to share with you all the ways God uses me!

Lots of Love,
Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment