Tuesday, July 5, 2011

So much to share....

So much has happened since I last updated, where do I begin?

Let's see...let me give you some background before I share this story. When Michael and I first came to the house, mommy showed us to our rooms and told us to make sure we keep our doors closed or we would get mice in our room. So, from, day one I have been sure to keep my door closed during the day and at night. I do have my window open most nights though to keep the room cool.

Well one morning last week Michael came into my room to tell me about his night. Apparently around 1am he heard a scratching noise by his head. When he tried to find the source it disappeared. About thirty minutes later he heard something on the window sill and when he looked a huge rat jumped of the window onto the bed next to his. YIKES! He was up most of the rest of the night trying to find the rat with no luck.

The following night the power went out around 8:30 so I decided to read a book on my phone in bed. I was really getting into the book and around midnight I was still up reading. As I was reading I felt something crawl across my leg...now I'm sure you're thinking "Oh no, it's the rat"...well it was not the rat but anyone who knows me would understand why this is so much worse. I flicked it off and when I looked I saw that it was a cockroach! I immediately jumped up and thought how silly I would look to anyone watching, but I was terrified and the cockroach had taken off. I reluctantly laid back down and continued reading. For the next hour every noise made me jump (I thought about Michael and his rat). Finally around 1:30am the roach had managed to land on it's back giving me the opportunity to take it out with my shoe. Than I was able to go to sleep until the rooster crowed at 4am :)

What else...mommy bought buffalo for us one night last week. Most of it was ok...several bites were difficult to swallow though.



We also harvested corn which was an experience. When we got it all back up to the house we cooked some on a fire and boiled some.




I'll tell you tomorrow...I'm out of time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment